At Red Sift, we are delivering the industry’s only integrated cloud email security and brand protection platform. As a result, we are helping to make the world a safer place, enabling organizations across all sectors, including many of the biggest brands, top law firms, financial services providers, technology innovators and government agencies defend against business email compromise (BEC) attacks, while streamlining how we protect against ransomware and phishing attacks.
Internally, we encourage an open, collaborative, customer-centric working environment. We are one of the fastest growing companies in our industry and we’re currently looking for talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build a safer future for everyone.
About the Role
We’re looking for outstanding Backend software engineers who understand that good code exists to support products and the user experience, and that good code is code that gets the job done in a simple and maintainable way.
Fundamental to this role is working closely with our product team and cybersecurity analysts designing and building out scalable and performant code that serves to protect our customers.
If you’re looking for a role that gives you the opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities, with a high degree of autonomy and significant room for growth, then we want to talk to you!
We generally don’t have hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. Core attributes and skills we are hoping to see highlighted in your application are:
- Have built your career writing clean, well-tested and maintainable code, and can apply this knowledge to a new platform environment like our Red Sift platform.
- Is very proficient with Node.js (knowledge of Golang would be a plus)
- Passionate about product and delivering exceptional user experience.
- Have experience working with React front-end. You don’t need to be a React developer, but you should be able to navigate the code and understand its main principles.
- Experience working in a company in a stage of major growth.
- Understand fundamental computing principles such as data structures and algorithms.
- Understand and apply the principles of software craftsmanship - designing things as simply as possible, but no simpler.
- Clean and tested code.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Open source activity and contributions.
- Experience in working on consumer facing B2B products.
- Foodie. Our error identifiers look like this - ‘strain_thin_tortellini’, ‘glaze_copious_currants’, ‘sprinkle_full_oregano’. It makes for a better user experience than random hex identifiers.
- Red Sift is headquartered in London, UK, with an additional engineering office in Barcelona, Spain.
- If you’re not in London or Barcelona, no problem - we are open to discussing remote working arrangements in other locations that have a similar time zone.
- 🌟 The opportunity to participate in every aspect of the startup journey in rapid scaling mode
- ✊🏽 The chance to participate in our mission to protect organisations and the people within them with cybersecurity software products that outsmart attackers at scale
- 💷 A competitive base salary based on experience in addition to a performance-based bonus, equity plan and pension scheme
- 🧰 Optionally remote work, as long as you can drop by the office every now and then
- 🏝 25 days of vacation in addition to public holidays per year
- 🧖♀️ A monthly budget for coaching and self-improvement such as courses, conferences and workshops
- 🏥 Health Insurance
- 👪 Maternity / Paternity leave
- 🏋️ Gym membership
- 🚴 Cycle to work scheme
- 🦸 One volunteer day per year
- 🕰 Flexible working hours, we trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team